Spend 2 Days with Eve Ash, a globally recognized training expert on Dealing With Difficult People
Everything has been very valuable. Most beneficial: Being assertive and influencing others. Managing conflict and personality clashes
Develop powerful skills to deal with negativity, complaints and arguments, whether it be angry customers, moody colleagues, overbearing associates, manipulative personalities or uncooperative people.
Turn negativity onto productivity!
Participants will be placed in a positive and safe environment for learning with lots of powerful techniques! See them in action and complete a number of activities, role-plays and skill building exercises.
This program is packed with interactive group work to enable participants to develop real-life practical skills. You will be challenged to review your own communication style in challenges and problem scenarios, Your strengths will be enhanced and new skills will grow as you work through the two days.
Eve Ash is based in Melbourne and Los Angeles.
A trained psychologist, award winning presenter and best selling Author, Eve is a globally recognized leading expert on "Dealing with Difficult People".
A prodigious author and charismatic speaker, Eve has produced over 700 training programs, teaching over 20,0000 organisations and executives around the world how to communicate, present and resolve conflict successfully. Her programs are distributed in over 40 countries and in use by businesses, Governments and universities all over the world.
Eve has won over 160 international awards for creativity and excellence.Her best-selling books are published by Penguin Books.
Eve is an inspirational speaker renowned for her practical strategies, powerful communication style, memorable presentations and creative interactive workshops.
The property management team is buzzing with amazing energy – the feedback has been universally that we need more Eve!
Jackie Hall, General Manager, Marshall White
I feel much more confident. Eve was fantastic.
Patchareeya K., Administration Leader, Australian Catholic University
Everything has been very valuable. Most beneficial: Being assertive and influencing others. Managing conflict and personality clashes.
Sonia Saitov, Centre for Muslim and Non-Muslin Understanding
Engaging. Interesting. Extremely practical.
Piquet Kruzas, Partner, South East Lawyers
Will return to work with renewed energy and some good techniques.
Jodie Midson, James Cook University
Eve's NZ workshops got very positive reviews: 'full of practical advice' 'valuable action points to take back' 'great mix of humour, video, speaking & group work', 'kept the pace going well & covered a lot of content' ' activities very, very good ... rewarding to participate in'.
Lyall Lukey, SmartNet Co-ordinator
I feel a lot more prepared to put my newly developed skills/knowledge into work.
Beth Pinel, Academic Officer, Queensland University of Technology
Eve was absolutely fantastic, engaging, professional, humorous..."
Rachel Matthews South West Institute of TAFE
Outstanding – interesting & very knowledgeable.
Helen Woodman, Queensland University of Technology
Very interactive, kept everyone involved.
Naomi Bruggmann, University of Southern Queensland
Click To Expand; 30 Exceptional Benefits of Attending This Program
Through proven, hands-on accelerated learning techniques, you will learn how to "Keep Your Cool" when dealing with irate, rude, impatient, or persistent people
Gain a constructive understanding of negative, moody and angry people
Learn to identify and manage the key triggers for ‘difficult’ behaviour in customers and teams
Increase self-awareness of your contribution to a difficult situation
Explore a unique psychological approach to deal with difficult people and tough encounters
Learn powerful listening skills that a difficult person can respond positively to
Understand the impact of body language and the power of your tone, volume and speed of speech
Learn 10 ways to be a great responder to difficult people
Learn how to be assertive, not passive or aggressive
Refine the art of empathy and overcome difficult behaviour
Discover 8 ways to resolve conflict and de-escalate a conflict spiral
Welcome complaints and learn how to turn complainers into congratulators
Become a champion communicator and achieve a calm resolution when tempers are flared
How to manage a disagreement constructively with satisfactory outcomes
Learn feedback skills for use with difficult co-workers, staff or even your managers
Know how to respond to feedback, criticism or a personal attack
Learn how to deal with manipulative people
Explore strategies to turn resistance into assistance
Discover how you can actually motivate uncooperative people to work with you
Learn the best ways to handle a personality clash
Learn creative strategies for dealing with abusive calls
Discover the best ways to diffuse anger and reduce risk in aggressive and threatening situations
Discover 7 ways to handle a difficult boss
Adapt a proven 10 steps approach to eliminate bullying and harassment
Learn unique ways to mediate a dispute so both parties are dealt with fairly and best results are achieved
Learn 8 ways to manage your own stress in a difficult situation so you have the best chance of reaching a successful outcome for all
Learn how to create a respectful workplace and positive culture in your team
Become a star performer with CAKES: consistency, attitude, knowledge, efficiency and skills
Find out how scripts affect your behaviour and learn how to manage and moderate your own negativity
Learn a 3-step approach to deal with a long-winded person and retain respect
Learn how to work with someone who is too quiet
( Yes! We got that last one covered as well! )
View The Full Day One Agenda
Session 1 UNDERSTANDING DIFFICULT PEOPLE & CAUSES OF CONFLICT
- Uncover common reasons for customer and staff dissatisfaction
- Gain an understanding of negative, moody and angry people
- Learn to identify the key triggers for ‘difficult’ behaviour in customers and teams
- Explore the situations and people that challenge you most
- Build a common list of challenges we want to overcome and skills we wish to build
- VIDEO: Case study
- ACTIVITY: People I find most difficult
- ACTIVITY: I hate … I wish …
Session 2 SELF AWARENESS AND MINDSET MANAGEMENT
- Learn Eve Ash’s unique psychological approach for overcoming negativity and dealing with difficult people and tough encounters
- Find out how scripts affect our behaviour, and how to rewrite negative scripts and build positive ones
- Increase self-awareness of your contribution to a difficult situation
- Understand the impact of body language and the power of your tone, volume and speed of speech
- How to manage your own negativity
- Learn to develop powerful positive attitudes to service and difficult people
- Discover the boomerang effect and how the reciprocity urge can help you communicate positively and provide excellent service
- VIDEOS: Getting Motivated | Boomerang
- ACTIVITY: The impact of our body language and voice
- ACTIVITY: Rewriting service scripts
Session 3 COMMUNICATION SKILLS FOR HANDLING COMPLAINERS
- Learn 5 key listening skills and the common listening blocks
- Learn 10 ways to be a great responder
- Learn how to be assertive not passive or aggressive and see the impact of each communication style
- Deal with crying and frustration
- Refine and practise the art of empathy
- Learn the power of caring and apologising
- Welcome complaints and learn how to turn complainers into congratulators
- Learn steps for handling various complaints
- How to manage a disagreement constructively
- Discover 8 ways to resolve conflict and de-escalate a conflict spiral
- VIDEO: Complainer case study
- ACTIVITY: Welcoming complaints
- ACTIVITY: Communication strategies for success
Session 4 HOW TO HANDLE DIFFICULT CO-WORKERS AND MANAGERS
- Learn feedback skills for use with difficult co-workers, staff or even your managers
- Know how to respond to feedback, criticism or a personal attack
- Learn a 3-step approach to deal with a long-winded person and retain respect
- See how to manage someone who’s too quiet
- Learn how to deal with manipulative people so you are always competent and professional
- Explore strategies to turn resistance into assistance
- Try out ways to motivate uncooperative people
- Discover 7 ways to handle a difficult boss
- VIDEO: Sharing feedback
- ACTIVITY: Skill building scenarios
View The Full Day Two Agenda
Session 5 MANAGING AGGRESSION AND ABUSE
- Learn key strategies for dealing with abusive calls
- Discover best ways to diffuse anger and reduce risk in aggressive and threatening situations
- The importance of rules and standards
- Practise skills for dealing with anger and abuse
- Learn the best way to debrief after an angry encounter
- Learn 10 steps to eliminate bullying and harassment
- VIDEO: Dealing with Abusive and Threatening calls
- VIDEO: Bullying and harassment
- ACTIVITY: Role play scenarios for skill building
Session 6 SKILLS FOR RESOLVING AND MEDIATING CONFLICTS
- Learn best ways to handle a personality clash
- Hone your skills in a practice scenario
- Find out how to mediate a dispute so both parties are dealt with fairly and best results are achieved
- Learn to manage conflicts effectively, even when they occur in a meting
- Prevent negative people taking control by stepping in early
- Turn negativity into productivity
- VIDEO: Personality Clash
- VIDEO: Mediating dispute case study
- ACTIVITY: Conflict mediation game
Session 7 BEING A CALM CHAMPION OF COMMUNICATION
- Learn 8 ways to manage your own stress in a difficult situation so you have the best chance of reaching a successful outcome for all
- Become a champion communicator and achieve a calm resolution when tempers are flared
- Create a respectful workplace and positive service culture in your team, even if you are not the leader
- Build positive and productive relationships
- Develop yourself to be a star performer with CAKES: consistency, attitude, knowledge, efficiency and skills
- VIDEO: Switch on Caring
- VIDEO: Ensuring a Respectful Workplace
- ACTIVITY: My strategies for de-stressing
- ACTIVITY: Practice scenarios for skill building
Session 8 MY PLAN OF ACTION FOR FUTURE DEVELOPMENT
- Review knowledge and skills you have learned
- Develop an action plan for your development in the future
- Get feedback from a special group
- Commit to improvement
- ACTIVITY: Developing my plan
- ACTIVITY: Sharing my plan with a special group